Feedback


The definition of feedback is "the transmission of evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to the original or controlling source". It may be a little complicated to apply this definition to a teaching environment. To simplify, feedback is the way we tell students how they are doing. It is hard to know what our students are going through, we can't read minds. So we have to be extra careful with what we say but, more important, how we say it. Our words have power, they can do harm as well as create enormous satisfaction. We can create confidence but also destroy it. Children and teenagers will remember forever if something we said was good or bad. It's of vital importance to know how, when, and the kind of words we should use when we refer to the classroom. I remember struggling a lot to pass a subject, and when I got a 7 the teacher told me (in an awful tone): "Well, don't be so happy, it's just a poor 7". That marked me, I think. That's why I remember it. She definitevely didn't think about me and how I would feel. I don't want to be that kind of teacher. I think that none of us want to be like that... 
To finish with this topic, I will leave here clips from the movie "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", which has a sweet and remarkable relationship between a teacher and a student. That bond started because the teacher cared about the student and found the right way to communicate without hurting his feelings.

That's all for today, I hope you enjoy it!







Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Make me a sandwich, I'm starving!

Exams season is around the corner!